Mills‎ > ‎

Pakenham Windmill

Tarred brick 5-storey tower mill, built in 1831. It has a domed cap with a gallery and is winded by a fantail. Two pairs of milestones remain.

The mill came into the ownership of the Bryant family in 1885 and  was restored in 1950 with a new weatherbeam and swing-pot neck bearing installed. Further restoration took place in 1961, aided by grants from the Suffolk County Council, on the condition that the Bryant family continued to work the mill. The most recent restoration was completed in 2000.

Opening times - see calendar: To see all events, pull the scrollbar down and up several times or press "look for more" repeatedly.

Pakenham Windmill is open all year, daily during working hours.  Parties please telephone for an appointment.

The Bryants
01359 230277


Thieves Lane
IP31 2NF

Grid reference - TL 931 695
OS Sheet - 155

About 1/2 mile S of A143, S of Ixworth

Pakenham Windmill