A 2-storey, hexagonal white smock mill on a 3-storey brick base, with ogee cap. Built in 1776 and raised 1850. Being restored by owner; new stocks 2005, sails constructed 2007. Work in 2010 revealed a much older base to the mill - around 1620.
Original machinery awaiting refurbishment.
Opening times - see calendar: To see all events, pull the scrollbar down and up several times or press "look for more" repeatedly.
We open for the National Gardens Scheme, and for Open Gardens (Histon & Impington) when mill tours are available.
We also open by appointment. Parties by arrangement.
We have an active volunteer group - see website below.
Pippa & Steve Temple
10 Cambridge Road
Grid reference - TL 442 623
OS Sheet - 154
Just north of A14, off B1049. Turn left into Cambridge Road, mill is 550yds on left, 1 mile south of Histon.